I was born in Pavia on 9th July 1955.
After completing high school I graduated in Medicine from the University of my home city in July 1980, after which I obtained a postgraduate specialisation in Internal Medicine.
I attended several courses of Manual Lymphatic Drainage in Switzerland with Rosmarie Bohlmann, first assistant to Dr. Vodder and I was lucky enough to meet Dr. Vodder and his wife Estrid.
Dr. Vodder himself then put me in charge of teaching his technique in 1982.
Since then I have taught both in Italy and abroad, assisted by a very capable group of individuals.
I deal with the LILT associated lymphedema clinic in the S. Andrea Hospital of Vercelli.
- Born in Pavia on 09/07/1955
- Completed high school then graduated in Medicine in 1980 from the University of Pavia (with honours)
- Residency at the Institute of Medical Pathology at the Policlinico San Matteo in Pavia 1977-1980
- Appointed to the Emergency Medical Service at the Local Health Authority in Lodi 1980-1985
- Postgraduate specialisation in Internal Medicine from the University of Pavia in 1987
- Diploma of Manual Lymphatic Drainage obtained in Lausanne at the AIDMOV school, under the teacher Rosmarie Bohlmann
- Diploma of Teaching Dr.Vodder’s “Originalmethode”of Manual Lymphatic Drainage in 1982, conferred directly by Dr. Vodder in exclusivity for Italy
- Specialisation course attended in Lausanne and Montreux with Dr. Vodder
- Author of a foundation text on Manual Lymphatic Drainage in 1988 ed. BCM Milan
- Co-author with Rosmarie Bohlmann of the text: Le drainage lymphatique manuel – ed. Payot-Lausanne
- Co-author with Dr. Respizzi of the text: Drenaggio linfatico manuale e terapia compressiva – ed. Edi Ermes – Milan
- Author of articles which have appeared in journals relevant to the sector of rehabilitation (il fisioterapista – Armonia) and the academic press
- Has taught at several Italian hospitals (National Tumor Institute – Milan, Rizzoli orthopaedic Institute – Bologna, Borgo Trento Civil Hospital – Verona, S. Orsola Malpighi Hospital – Bologna, S.S. Giovanni and Paolo Hospital – Venice, San Michele Hospital – Cagliari, Humanitas Clinical and Research Centre – Rozzano, San Camillo Hospital – Alberoni, Lido di Venezia, Feltre Hospital, Mater Salutis Hospital – Legnago, etc.) and in foreign centres (Switzerland – France – Brazil)
- Collaborates with Nonprofit Organisations including Associazione Fiorot (Treviso) and Associazione Volontà di Vivere (Padova)
- Has collaborated with the Italian Physiotherapy Association (AIFI Abruzzo) for about 12 years teaching Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Has participated in international conferences regarding rehabilitation in the field of lymphatic microsurgery (Brussels 2006) and for the dissemination of technology in the field of rehabilitation of lymphedema (San Paulo, Brazil from 2004 to 2006)
- President of AIDMOV – (International Association of Dr. Vodder’s “Originalmethode” of Manual Lymphatic Drainage) based in Lausanne
- Consultant for the pathology of post mastectomy lymphedema from the ALAO (Associazione Lodigiana Amici di Oncologia)
- Has collaborated with the LILT Piedmont associated lymphedema clinic in the S. Andrea Hospital of Vercelli since 2011
- Member of the Scientific Committee at the Corinne Becker Lymphedema Foundation, Head of Training
- Speaker at the International Lymphedema Symposium in Paris in December 2014